New Proposed Vision and Mission Statement for Stakeholder Feedback
The Rice Team is looking for feedback from stakeholders in regard to our vision and mission statements. Please review the statements below and answer the following questions. We appreciate your feedback.
Welcome to Rice Children’s Center; our comprehensive program fosters creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration, effective communication, self-advocacy, and self-efficacy. Students at Rice are encouraged to explore their creative potential and achieve academic standards, utilizing District 65 general education curricula, specialized intervention practices, and a comprehensive social-emotional learning program. Our emphasis on collaboration and teamwork ensures that our culturally diverse students excel individually and thrive in a collective learning environment.
- Rice Children’s Center is a student-centered learning environment that celebrates diversity and cultural humility.
- Creativity: Empower students to unleash their creative potential by providing a unique learning experience that transcends traditional educational boundaries.
- Critical Thinking: Cultivate a culture of intellectual curiosity and analytical reasoning. At Rice, we equip students with the skills to think critically, analyze information, and make informed decisions, fostering a lifelong love for learning.
- Problem-Solving: Rice fosters student scholarly inquiry across academic content areas and settings by honing their problem-solving skills and empowering them to discover innovative solutions and approaches to learning.
- Collaboration: Rice collaborates with the community and educational stakeholders to provide students with the necessary tools to be lifelong learners and future leaders in the community.
- Effective Communication: Rice cultivates effective communication between each staff member, staff to student, and student to student. This is done by exchanging thoughts, ideas, and problem-solving so that the messages between each other are done with clarity and purpose.
- Self-Advocacy: Promote self-advocacy by providing students with the tools and knowledge to express their needs, preferences, and aspirations. Rice's mission is to empower students to be advocates for themselves, fostering independence and a sense of agency.
- Self-Efficacy: We cultivate a belief in one's abilities and potential for success. Rice’s mission is to improve self-efficacy by creating a supportive environment that encourages students to set individual goals, overcome challenges, and develop the confidence to thrive both within and outside the school setting.